Thursday, September 26, 2013

Trust Him, When To Trust Him Is The Hardest Thing of All

"Come over this way", God said. "There's something you need to see". I followed willingly, but soon realized He had taken me to a place I did not care to go. A surge of anger tore through my heart, coursing it's way quickly through every fiber of my being. Hot tears gushed from my eyes and down my cheeks as I turned and ran away. And God stood silently and waited.

It didn't take too long before I just couldn't stop the feeling of anger from overwhelming me. I was pretty skilled at keeping it buried deep inside at first, but it kept bubbling and gurgling until it suddenly burst out of me like an uncontrollable fit of vomiting. At first, it was repulsive...I hated how it made me feel absolutely crappy on so many levels, and I fought unsuccessfully to shove it down deep to my very core. But I finally resorted to the fact that I had to acknowledge it...face it head on, or allow it to destroy me from the inside out. And so, I took God's hand and together we developed a plan.

1 comment:

  1. I still have that picture of Christ you gave me that you penned that quote on. Many, many years ago...

    ReplyDelete