Thursday, July 28, 2016

A New "Dwelling"



"You just can't keep going there," God said as He watched my head sink heavily into my hands. "You can't  move forward if you're always looking behind you."

"It's hard, and complicated," I whispered, "walking away from what I never really had in search of something I don't yet understand."

"Of course it is, but you can do hard and complicated," He said with a wink as He sat down beside me in the warm sun-drenched grass. And I couldn't help but smile.

Sometimes we are called upon to do hard, complicated things. We stand at the crossroad and choose to do the hard thing, or side step and head off in the opposite direction. We choose to follow God's will, or ignore, pretending we know better or that we didn't hear. We choose to take a step forward into the dark, or turn and go back in the direction we came from. We give Him our heart and take His hand, or we run and hide in hopes that He will never find us. God knows better than I do what's best for me, but He will never force His will on me...It's a choice. It's ALWAYS a choice.

1 comment:

  1. Karla, your words are so profound,so inspiring, so wise. Thanks for sharing your heart. I (Sherrie),Love and miss you. ��

    ReplyDelete