Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Patience Is a Virtue...So I See

"There's SO. MUCH. HERE!" I cried. Ugly destruction...the ruins of everything I'd known, exposed in such vulnerability as to make me want to turn and run. "Hang on", God said. "Take a deep breath and stay with me. It's going to take some time...a lot of time. This work is hard and painful and is done in such small increments that progress is hardly noticeable…until enough time has passed…at which point the evidence will most assuredly be both encouraging and simply amazing. You must pick up one piece at a time; look it over, examine it closely and process it's place and value. You may have to pick up each piece and put it down again several times before you decide what to do with it. But with time and experience you will come to understand and appreciate the process."

Once again, He was right. I've taken a lot of deep breaths and have had to continually redirect my heart to feel His love and presence. My days have been filled with pondering and contemplation about feelings, mindsets, and attitudes, each being evaluated over and over again. And the pain, some days has been  more than I think my heart and mind can take. If I look up to see the "top of the mountain" I feel physically sick and consumed with despondency and anguish. But He has never walked away. He is willing and always available to stay with me and provide me with help and peace and comfort that only He can give. He has many others to tend to, but I will always be a priority. If we allow it, He has a way of making us all feel that way...like the only one He has to worry about today. Some days are harder than others, but I understand healing takes time...lots of time...and I have eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment