Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ode To Joy

Deep sigh. "This is getting a little easier," I said. "It's actually doing my heart good...especially on days that I see the simple little gifts you've left for me." God smiled such a warm and sincere smile that I felt a tiny tear trickle down my cheek as a feeling of gratitude began to overwhelm my heart.You are always on my mind...and in my heart," He said. "I never want you to forget how much you mean to me. I'm so happy that you've noticed them. They are so subtle that they would be easy to overlook; but they are magnificent in their ability to fill your heart with joy...if you will allow them to."

They seem such a small thing...those beautiful gifts from God, so common place, if you will, that they can often go unnoticed: bright crisp blue skies, fluffy marshmallow-soft clouds, brilliantly colored leaves gliding softly and effortlessly to "join the crowd" on the ground below, and sunrises and sunsets gloriously painted on the horizon; a thank you note in the mail, a phone call from a friend, the arms of a loved one felt wrapping gently around your neck and heart...all experienced at just the right moment could be seen as coincidence...unless you're looking to notice God's expressions of love for you.

Not too many days ago I watched a video someone had posted on face book that piqued my curiosity www.mostexcitingworld.com/videobest-coin-ever-spent/ It only lasted a few minutes, but it touched my heart and drew me to tears. As it ended, I felt such deep gratitude for the ability to hear beautiful music, view incredible paintings and photographs, read uplifting literature...the result of gifts and talents so generously bestowed by God to fill our lives with joy, and enhance the beauty of this journey we call life. And in the silence that followed, I heard God's kind and gentle voice. "For you dear daughter," He said, "because I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment