Sunday, November 10, 2013

You Want Me to What?



Lessons From Heaven

“It’s scary to think about leaving…
To go where I can’t see your face.
How will I ever return," I asked
"If I can’t remember this place?”
“I’ll give you lessons from Heaven”,
He said with a smile in His eyes.
A sigh, then a look of confusion
Was all I could give in reply.
“Lessons to guide your return, child
To your home, this place you once knew;
Trials to help you grow stronger
Don’t worry…I’ll be there for you.
The lessons won’t be very easy
Your heart will be aching with pain;
Some will seem harder than others,
Though not one will you learn in vain".
“You can do it”, he said as he hugged me;
“I know what you’re capable of.
You’re right…you won’t see my face
But child, I will send you my love”.


There really are so. many. lessons. And they are hard. And they do make my heart ache. And sometimes I feel so overwhelmed. And I cry a lot of tears. But, somehow God knows what lessons I need and He knows my limits. I used to think I knew my limits, but I know now that's not so, because I wouldn't ever consider taking me to the unbelievably frightening places God chooses to take me. I am much too afraid. But He has perfect perspective...and He never leaves me alone. He always holds my hand, and calms my heart, and wipes my tears; and when we get through it, I am always amazed at the strength and stamina I've gained...proving time and again that I am as capable as God knows me to be. Amazing. God, who is the most powerful being in the universe, waits for me and walks with me...because He loves me and believes with all His heart that I'm worth fighting for.

1 comment: