Friday, November 15, 2013

So THAT'S How He Does It

"It seems a little perplexing how many people stop by here", I said. "Some just come out of nowhere and hug me, then quietly move on. Others approach me because they've heard about my demolition and want to be sure I'm OK. Many keep coming back to offer assistance and a listening ear. Occasionally some come because they are curious and they stare; but not having any idea what to say, move on and leave me in a sort of 'screaming' silence. That's always a bit awkward, but it's better that way I suppose...I don't know what to say to them either. "Angels," God said, "except for the 'curious onlookers'...they have their own agenda".

It's true. There have been so many "angels" who have come my way...with a plate of cookies, help with a meal, a "box of sunshine", a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear, a comforting book to read...all offering love and support in their own unique way. I don't think they have any idea how deeply I've been affected by their small acts of kindness. But God knows. He surrounds us with those who willingly respond to His invitation to enlist in His "army of angels" with whom, through His perfect timing, His infinite love and understanding, He works miracles...seen or unseen, noticed or not...simply to bless the lives of His children in ways that only He can.

No comments:

Post a Comment